we are fully committed to making college more affordable—after all, you are making an investment in your future. first-time freshmen and transfer students are eligible to benefit from the avila promise. designed to give you a clearer, more affordable path to your futures, the avila promise is built on four cornerstones:
- tuition protection from unexpected rate hikes. that includes books and standard campus fees in your tuition.
- on-time graduation guarantee
- guaranteed research or internship experience opportunities
- travel award of up to $1,000
together these four promises address the concerns most college students face:
the confusion over college costs. the avila promise offers tuition protection from unexpected rate hikes. that includes books and standard campus fees in your tuition.
on-time graduation and student debt. the avila promise offers an on-time graduation guarantee.
securing valuable experiences outside of the classroom. the avila promise offers guaranteed research or internship experience opportunities.
getting access to global perspectives. the avila promise offers a travel award of up to $1,000.
ready to take the next step?
truer tuition pricing* – a more transparent tuition model that lowers the published price by moving away from traditional “high price/high discount” models. avila’s new tuition pricing includes all books and standard campus fees.
*course/lab fees are in addition to the published tuition rate. a complete list of course/lab fees can be found in the course schedule and vary by major. avila provides books through a third-party book rental company and all books typically need to be returned at the end of each semester. exact return policies are set by the book rental company.
tuition protection* – an up-front, four-year*, total cost of tuition guarantee with no surprise tuition increases, an affordable, monthly payment plan and our guarantee that your tuition will not increase more than 3% per year.
*if a student is in a program requiring five years for completion, students will be provided this promise and information based on a five-year tuition guarantee.
four year graduation lock* – our assurance that if you do your part, we’ll do ours, and you will graduate in four years. guaranteed. for our part, avila university will provide the exceptional faculty and staff advisors, as well as the courses, resources, and experiences students need for graduation.
*this is open to students who start at avila fall 2018 as first-year or transfer students. due to professional licensure standards and other requirements, some majors may require five years for graduation. in those programs, avila would offer students a five-year graduation lock guarantee.
to maintain inclusion in the graduation lock, the student’s responsibilities include:
- the student must maintain continuous full-time status all four years for fall and spring terms. enrollment in summer terms is optional.
- the student will follow the prescribed plan of study as determined with their academic advisor and stay in good standing (academically, disciplinarily, and financially) with the university.
- the student must meet with his/her advisor each semester prior to registration and enroll during the first month of open registration each term.
- students declare a major in a timely manner, typically no later than the first four semesters of study. some majors require the student to declare the major as early as within the first year in order to maintain the ability to complete coursework in the 4-year timeframe. this is not to discourage students from changing their majors to a more preferred degree, but the university may not be able to maintain the graduation lock promise if the student chooses too late in their time frame to complete all required coursework. students must meet with their academic advisor to determine a new plan of study with any major or minor changes.
if a student meets all of the above requirements and is still unable to graduate on time, avila university will waive the additional tuition costs to complete the course work for his/her declared major. the student must agree to apply and accept any offered federal and state grant aid.
guaranteed internship or research experience* – our pledge that every undergraduate student, in every major, will have the opportunity to integrate classroom theory into the practical experience by engaging in an internship or research project.
*this includes conducting research with faculty mentors or engaging in a practical internship or clinical experience.
up to a $1,000 travel award* – financial support to help our students gain experiences in national and international settings. this is a one-time award of up to $1,000 to help cover travel expenses only.
* students can apply for travel awards once they have reached junior standing. this is open for students who:
- are in good standing (academically, financially, and disciplinary) at avila university at the time of application and
- started at avila fall 2017 or after as first time, first-year students, or
- entered avila as a transfer student with 54 or fewer credit hours starting fall 2018. transfer students must have completed a minimum of 2 semesters at avila enrolled full-time to be eligible.
if awarded, the travel award can be used for travel expenses:
1) on any travel experience as part of a course or research experience at avila university with a national or international destination, when the student is accompanied by an avila faculty member.
2) on travel as part of approved study-abroad experience.